Monday 25 June 2012

Farmer Smiles

Last night I logged in starving and so I ate my last can of food. There was a motorbike at camp but on its side and I couldn't get an icon to appear from it. There was no-one online so I ran towards the north east airfield for something to do, hoping to maybe get a weapon upgrade and some excitement. Then the server reset half way there, but when I logged back on, I was in the same place but I was starving again. No problem, I'll just eat my can of... fuck. My hunger level had reverted but my inventory hadn't. I had no food and the nearby village had no loot I could find. So I'm out in the middle of the countryside, a bit lost, somewhere near the airfield with no compass. The airfield is my only hope at this point so I start running towards it. Then I saw a house in the distance and hey ho, what's this?


(it's a tractor you idiot)

It's all fueled up so I start ploughing (not literally) through the fields in this thing, which goes really fast. I cut through the woods and then the framerate stutters a bit causing me to smash the bastard into a big tree. All I see is an explosion and then black, with the unconcious timer ticking very, very slowly down, and my blood ticking very, very slowly down as well. My legs are of course annihalated. So the next five minutes is spent watching an egg timer versus countdown clock, if the egg timer wins I live, if the countdown wins I die.

The countdown wins. Fuck the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment